Thursday, September 27, 2012

When did grapes become so sweet?

Its amazing what happens when you cut out processed foods from your diet. Your taste for sugar becomes SUPER sensitive. I've been eating 'whole foods' for about 2 weeks straight now (AKA: non processed foods that come straight from the animal or straight from the vine/ground/stalk) and it really surprised me how much sweeter all of the fruits I was eating really are. I'm guessing this is because sugar or some form of it (corn syrup, sucrose, etc.) is in a lot of the food I used to eat that wasn't sweet, like those Lean Cuisines and SmartOnes, which  are great for the convenience factor, but full of chemicals and additives you don't need. We will see tomorrow if this whole exercise is paying off with the weekly weigh in.

Don't worry, I haven't completely gone earthy crunchy on you, and I'm not saying I don't crave cheesecake or potato chips on a regular basis, but it does make you think.

Oh, and to the lovely ladies who may or may not be reading this blog, thinking about their own health journey, MORE RECIPES TO COME THIS WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment